3M Glass Cloth Tape
Product Code: 3M398FR
3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR has an acrylic adhesive for many applications requiring high adhesion, an abrasion-resistant backing and flame retardant properties. This product is typically used for sealing aircraft cargo bay panels to provide a permanent seal.
- Meets flame retardancy requirements of F.A.R. Part 25.853(a) and F.A.R. Part 25.855(d).
- 3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR meets the requirements of and can be qualifiedto Boeing material specification BMS 5-146 Type I, Class I, Grade A.
- EU compliant per directive 2003/11/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of February 6, 2003, amending Council Directive 76/769/EEC which restricts the use of penta-BDE and octa-BDE flame retardants.
- Acrylic adhesive has excellent long aging properties ideal for many permanentapplications.
- White color makes finished job look appealing.
- Formulation does not contain antimony.
- High conformability.
- Sealing thermal and acoustic insulation panels where high adhesion and flameretardancy are needed.
- Aircraft window sealing, duct sealing and seat repair.
- Protection of wire harnesses, electrical cables or hoses from temperature extremesand abrasion.
- Marine applications.
- Many general industrial uses.
- Good Conformability
- Good Resistance to Ageing
- Flame Retardant